Banana tower with chantilly cream and honey
Updated: 05/27/2012 10:12 AM
By: Chef Paul Malcolm, Johnson & Wales
• 4 ea. Banana- peeled, cut to medium sized chunks
• 3 T. Honey
• 1 ea. Vanilla bean- scraped
• 1 lb. Butter- melted
• 3 ea. Vanilla Beans
• 1 pkg. Phyllo dough
• 1 c. Heavy Cream
• 3 T. Honey
• 2 T. Honey
1. After cutting the bananas, toss with 3 T. honey and vanilla. Set Aside.
Split the vanilla beans using a paring knife, combine with 1 lb. butter and melt over low flame.
2. Unwrap Phyllo dough and place on cookie sheet. Cover with dry towel. Wipe your work area with a damp cloth and cover with plastic wrap to prevent an extremely messy accident from taking place.
3. Carefully removing the phyllo dough, one sheet at a time, lie onto the plastic wrap and brush liberally with vanilla butter. Repeat the process 5 times. Take the banana mixture and spoon onto the phyllo dough on the edge closest to you. Roll up carefully, but tightly- leaving ends open for ventilation.
4. Bake on a cookie sheet at 375 degrees until the phyllo is a delightful golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
5. Cut straight line at furthest edge. Alternate cutting at 45 degree angle and straight line to achieve mini towers.
6.Place onto plate and garnish with Chantilly cream and drizzle with honey.
Back to list