• 1 package soft corn 6-inch tortillas
• 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 2 medium chipotle peppers (or more to taste)
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• pinch salt
• approx. 2 cups shredded white cabbage
• 1-1 1/2 cups diced avocado
• 1-1 1/2 cups diced tomato
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 3-4 Tbs finely chopped cilantro
• juice of 1/2 large lime
1. It's a good idea to handle the raw chicken meat last so go ahead and shred a good handful of white cabbage and dice the avocado and tomato if you're using them. Then use a mixing bowl to combine 1/2 cup sour cream with 3-4 Tbs finely chopped cilantro and the juice of 1/2 large lime, and mix that up.
2. Chipotle peppers are smoked jalapeno peppers, which you can buy canned in adobo sauce, and you want to deseed 2 medium peppers and then finely mince those and add them to another medium mixing bowl.
3. Next, slice the boneless skinless chicken breasts crosswise into 1/2-inch thick strips. Add those to the bowl with the chipotle peppers, add about 1/2 tsp ground cumin and a little olive oil and a pinch of salt and toss to combine.
4. Preheat the oven to the broiler setting and lay the sliced marinated chicken out into a well oiled 9 x 13-inch baking dish and then place the dish underneath the broiler to cook.
5. Keep your eye on that and you'll probably want to flip the chicken over part way through, and then, once the chicken is cooked through, it's time to eat.
6. Place one cooked slice of chicken in center of each tortilla, top with shredded cabbage, sour cream, diced tomato and avocado and use your fingers to roll each one up as you are eating it.
HINTS: Try cooking the chicken outside on the grill instead of underneath the broiler.