• 1 pound ground turkey
• 1 medium large onion, peeled and diced
• vegetable oil as needed for sauteing veggies and turkey
• 4 ears corn, kernels removed (approx. 2 cups corn)
• 2 cups diced, deseeded zucchini
• 2 cups diced ripe tomatoes
• 2 15-ounce cans kidney beans, well drained
• 3-4 Tbs chili powder
• 1 Tbs ground cumin
• chicken stock as needed (approx. 2 - 3 cups)
• salt to taste
• grated jalapeno jack cheese for garnish
• cornbread to serve alongside (box mix is fine)
1. Make the cornbread ahead of time or at the same time as the chili.
2. Use a large heavy bottomed soup pot to saute about 1 cup of diced onion in a little vegetable oil to soften.
3. Next, add 1 pound ground turkey and break that up and cook it along to brown up a bit.
4. Add a little more oil if you need to for cooking the turkey and then add the corn from 4 ears of corn, 2 cups of deseeded and diced zucchini, 3 Tbs chili powder and 1 Tbs ground cumin and let that cook along for 4 - 5 minutes.
5. At that point, add 2 well drained 15-ounce cans of kidney beans and add 2 cups of diced ripe tomatoes, and then add just enough chicken stock to give it a good chili consistency.
6. Let that simmer along for 20 - 30 minutes to thicken up a little bit and then season it to taste and serve it up with grated jalapeno jack cheese right on top and sliced cornbread on the side.
HINTS: Substitute canned tomatoes and frozen corn if you like. Use approx. 1 cup diced green pepper instead of 2 cups diced zucchini.