Buttermilk Grilled Corn
• ½ gallon buttermilk
• 1 gallon cold water
• 12 ears sweet corn (Leave stalk and remove outer husk to lime green leaves. Remove silk.)
• butter (to taste)
• kosher salt (to taste)
• black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
1. After cleaning sweet corn, combine buttermilk and water. Mix thoroughly with a whisk. Add sweet corn to buttermilk mixture and allow to marinade overnight.
2. The following day, preheat grill to medium/high heat. Remove corn from buttermilk and shake off excess liquid. Carefully place the corn onto the grill and cook until all sides of the corn are evenly charred and you have achieved a dark, dark, dark brown color.
3. Remove from the grill. Wrap some newspaper around the stalk to prevent burning and aid in catching excess butter as it dribbles down the cob. Peel back remaining husk, rub with room temperature butter, or drizzle with melted butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.