• 8-10 baby potatoes
• 1 Tbs finely minced garlic
• 1 Tbs finely minced fresh rosemary
• 3 Tbs olive oil
• salt and pepper for seasoning
• 1 medium-large red onion
• olive oil and salt and pepper for seasoning sliced onion
• 2 7-ounce boneless skinless salmon fillets
• olive oil and salt and pepper for seasoning salmon
For the dressing:
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 Tbs grainy Dijon mustard
• 2 Tbs honey
• 2-3 Tbs apple cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
1. Boil the baby potatoes whole, until they're just cooked through, and then cool them down and slice them in half a bit ahead of time.
2. Add those to a medium mixing bowl and add about 1 Tbs minced garlic and 1 Tbs finely minced fresh rosemary....a little olive oil and salt and pepper to taste and toss to combine.
3. Preheat the grill and use a larger mixing bowl to combine 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil with 2 Tbs grainy Dijon mustard, 2 Tbs honey and 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar and whisk it up.
4. Peel and slice the red onion into 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick rounds....place whole slices on a baking tray brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and olive oil.
6. Get the onions and the potatoes going first on the grill and, as far as the potatoes go, you just want to get some grill marks on those and make sure they're hot all the way through and then take them off of the grill.
7. Once the onions are grilled and soft, take those off of the grill and add them to the bowl with the dressing and let them marinate for a few minutes.
All that is left is to grill the salmon to your liking.....you may need to use a spatula to help carefully flip it as it cooks.
8. Serve it up while everything is still nice and warm with the grilled salmon right on top of the potatoes and the grilled onions and dressing over the top of everything.
HINTS: You can easily double this recipe just use your judgment for how many potatoes and how much sliced onion you want. It might not have to be twice as much. You may not need to double the minced garlic and rosemary amounts either.