• 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 4 6-inch pita rounds
• 1 large lemon
• approx. 1/3- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2-3 Tbs chopped fresh oregano
• salt and pepper to taste
• approx. 2-3 cups rough chopped tomatoes
• approx. 2 cups sliced cucumbers
• approx. 1/3 - 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
• approx. 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Squeeze the juice of one medium sized lemon, through a mesh strainer, into a mixing bowl and add twice that amount extra virgin olive oil.....add 2 - 3 Tbs finely chopped fresh oregano, a pinch of salt and a crack of black pepper and whisk it up.
2. At that point spoon a little of the dressing over two large boneless skinless chicken breasts and let those marinate for a bit. (Make sure you wash your hands if you have handled the raw chicken with your hands before cutting up the vegetables for the salad).
3. There are no exact amounts for this but you'll need a handful of chopped tomatoes, thinly sliced cucumbers and a small amount of thinly sliced red onion and you can lightly brush the pita bread with some of the dressing before heading out to the grill.
4. Make sure you bring a clean plate outside with you to put the cooked chicken on when that's done and, as far as the pita bread goes, you want to grill that up and crisp it up on both sides and take it off of the grill.
5. Once the chicken is cooked through, let it rest for a few minutes before thinly slicing it crosswise....and you'll also need to chop up the pita bread and add that to a large bowl with the vegetables.
6. Add the sliced chicken and a good handful of crumbled feta and add the rest of the dressing and toss to coat.
HINTS: Add chopped Romaine or Iceberg lettuce to the mix for a more substantial salad.