Creamy Chicken Salad
Yields 8 (½ cup portions)
•1 ½ lb chicken breast
•2 tbsp cider vinegar
•2 bay leaves
•½ cup mayonnaise
•½ cup sour cream
•1 cup diced celery
•½ tsp white pepper
•2 tbsp white wine vinegar
•Salt as desired
1. In a two quart sauce pot heat, one quart of water, then add in the cider vinegar and bay leaves.
2. Bring to a simmer and add in the chicken breast.
3. Submerge a thermometer in the liquid to monitor the temperature.
4. Poach the chicken in 165°F liquid until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F .
5. Shock the chicken in ice water until cool.
6. In a medium bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, white pepper, vinegar and celery.
7. After the chicken is cool, cut to a small dice and add to the dressing.
8. Season to taste.