• 4 chicken cutlets
• salt and pepper to season chicken
• approx. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1-2 large eggs, beaten
• approx. 1/4-1/3 cup sesame seeds
• approx. 1/4-1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
• 4 medium carrots
• 6 large spears asparagus
For the dressing:
• 1 small clove garlic, minced
• 1 generous Tbs finely minced fresh ginger
• 1/4 cup tahini
• 2 Tbs honey
• 3 Tbs soy sauce
• 1 Tbs sesame oil
• 2 Tbs lemon juice (or white vinegar)
1. Use a medium large mixing bowl to combine 1 small minced clove of garlic with 1 generous Tbs of finely minced peeled fresh ginger, 1/4 cup tahini, 2 Tbs honey, 3 Tbs soy sauce, 1 Tbs sesame oil and 2 Tbs lemon juice and whisk it up.
2. Next, peel 3 - 4 medium size carrots and use the peeler to shave those into long strips and then cut the tougher bottom inch or two off of 6 large spears of asparagus and use the peeler to shave those into long strips as well.
3. Once you're done shaving the asparagus, use a knife to thinly slice the asparagus tips, and keep both veggies cold in the fridge.
4. Next, set up a dredging station with a little all-purpose flour in one shallow bowl, a couple of beaten eggs in another and then a combination of panko breadcrumbs and sesame seeds in another.
5. Dredge the salt and pepper seasoned cutlets first lightly in the flour, then lightly in the egg and then firmly in the breadcrumb mixture.
6. Use a large nonstick saute pan on medium high heat with a splash of olive oil to saute the chicken until it is nicely browned on both sides and cooked through.
7. Toss the veggies with the dressing to coat and then serve cooked chicken on individual plates with the salad right on top.
HINTS: Add a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper to the dressing to give it a spicy kick. For a more substantial meal, serve with steamed rice.