• 1 1/2 cups walnut halves and pieces
• 1 Tbs olive oil
• salt to taste
• mixed greens as needed (approx. 6-8 loose packed cups)
• sliced strawberries as needed (approx. 2-3 cups, sliced)
• crumbled goat cheese as needed (approx. 4-6 ounces)
For the dressing:
• 1 generous cup sliced strawberries
• 5 Tbs olive oil
• 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Add about 1 Tbs of olive oil to a heavy bottomed pan on medium high heat.....add the walnuts....and toss or stir those around as they're lightly browning up....then season them with salt and take them out of the pan to cool.
2. Next, use a blender or a food processor to make the dressing by adding 1 generous cup of sliced strawberries, 5 Tbs extra virgin olive oil and 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar...add a little salt and black pepper to taste and puree until nice and smooth.
3. Next, add as many mixed greens to a large mixing bowl as you want.......add as many sliced strawberries as you like....and then add enough of the dressing to lightly coat everything.
4. Divide that up onto individual plates and top each salad with crumbled goat cheese and some of the toasted walnuts.
HINTS: Substitute sliced almonds for the walnuts and feta cheese for the goat cheese.