Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
• 8 potatoes- Large, peeled and cut to large, but uniform pieces
• 2 c. heavy cream
• 8 cloves garlic- roasted, peeled
• 8 oz salted butter- cut to small cubes, cold
• Kosher salt- to taste
• Black Pepper- freshly ground- to taste
1. Roast the garlic by rubbing in olive oil and baking in a 300 to 350 degree oven until soft.
2. Place cut potatoes into large pot and cover by 2 inches with cold water.
3. Bring to a simmer and cook until soft.
4. In a separate pot, combine heavy cream and garlic. Over low heat, reduce cream by ¼ to sweeten the deal thicken the deliciousness.
5. Once reduced, carefully pour into blender and puree until smooth.
6. Strain the potatoes and pass through a ricer.
7. Add the cold butter to the potatoes and stir to combine.
8. Slowly add the molten garlic cream mixture to adjust the consistency and season to taste with salt and pepper.