• 4 tablespoons Olive oil
• 8 ounces Thick-cut bacon, diced
• 16 each Sea scallops, abductor mussel removed
•2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• ¼ cups Apple cider vinegar
•2 lbs. Baby Spinach cleaned and de-stemmed
•1 ½ teaspoons salt
• ¾ teaspoon white pepper
1. In a large sauté pan over medium heat add olive oil bring to smoke point.
2. Add pancetta and render out the fat until slightly crispy.
3. Season the scallops with the salt and pepper and place in the sauté pan and sear for 1 ½ -2 minutes on each side until golden brown and just cooked through.
4. Place 4 scallops each on a warm serving plates
5. To the remaining fat add the garlic and cook until fragrant additional 2 minutes
6. Add the Spinach and vinegar, cook until wilted about 2-3 minutes.
7. Toss ingredients to coat and serve atop of the scallops.