• 1 head frisee lettuce, about 1 1/2 pounds
• 8 ounces salad greens
• 12 ounces thick-cut Bacon, sliced julienne
• 1/4 cup shallots thinly sliced
• ½ cup Champagne vinegar
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 4 each Baguette Bread sliced 3/4 inch thick
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
• 6 cups water
• 1 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
• 4 each large eggs
1. Trim the green tops from the Frisee, and trim the root ends. Separate the leaves and tear them into 2-inch pieces. Wash and spin dry the Frisee and salad greens in a salad spinner and add to large bowl.
2. Over medium heat in a large sauté pan heat and render the bacon until crispy, about 7 to 8 minutes.
3. Add the shallots, cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
4. Add the vinegar and sugar and simmer until sugar is melted and sauce is a syrup consistency.
5. Add mixture to lettuce and toss gently.
6. In the remaining fat left in the pan dip bread slices in bacon fat and toast until golden.
7. Divide evenly on serving plates
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the water and white vinegar a simmer.
2. Crack an egg into a cup, and gently slide it into the water. Slide each of the other 3 eggs into the water in the same manner.
3. When the water comes back to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the eggs are set, about 3 to 3 1/2 minutes.
4. Gently remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and pat dry with a linen cloth or paper towel. Place an egg over the top of each mound of Frisee and season with the remaining salt and black pepper. Serve immediately.