Strawberry Nutella crepes
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
Serves: makes 12 crepes
• 3 large eggs
• 1 1/4 cup milk
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• pinch salt
• approx. 3 Tbs melted butter for pan
• Nutella as needed (approx. 3-4 Tbs per crepe)
• sliced strawberries as needed (approx. 1/2 cup per crepe)
• powdered sugar for garnish (optional)
• toasted almonds for garnish (optional.....see procedure)
1. It's a good idea to make the crepe batter 2-3 hours ahead of time by using a blender to combine 3 large eggs with 1 1/4 cup milk, 3/4 cup all-purpose flour and a pinch of salt and blending that until it is nice and smooth.
2. Pour that into a lidded container and let it rest in the fridge.
3. At some point, if you're using the almonds, you can toast them by adding a handful of sliced almonds to a large pan in 1/2 Tbs melted butter and tossing those until they're golden brown. Then season with salt and take them out of the pan to cool.
4. When it comes time to make the crepes, brush a little melted butter into a 10-inch, heavy bottomed nonstick pan on medium - medium high heat and use a 1/4-cup measure to add the crepe batter. swirling the pan as you go to make sure the bottom of the pan is completely and evenly covered.
5. Let that go for a minute or so on the first side. Then very carefully flip it over and let it go for another minute or so on the second side. Then take the crepes out of the pan and stack them on a plate as you go.
6. Once all of the crepes are done, spread a little Nutella over the center of a couple of crepes at a time, top that with some sliced strawberries. Roll or fold those up and finish with a sprinkling of toasted almonds and a little powdered sugar over the top.
7. You could even top that with another spoonful of the sliced strawberries!
HINTS: If not using right away, keep crepes on plate, tightly wrapped in plastic wrap, in the refrigerator. Try with sliced bananas instead of strawberries if you like.