Vegetarian roll ups with hummus, spinach, roasted red pepper and muenster cheese
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
SERVES: makes five pieces per wrap
• 10-inch tortilla wraps (plain or spinach)
• approx. 1/3 cup hummus per wrap
• approx. 1 cup fresh spinach per wrap
• 1 slice Muenster cheese per wrap
• 1/2 large roasted red pepper per wrap
• 5 sandwich picks per wrap
1. You can make one or two wraps at a time by spreading a layer of the hummus over the bottom third of each wrap and then topping that with handful of fresh spinach a layer of Muenster cheese and then place a slice of roasted red pepper over the top of that fold the edges in and then tightly roll it up just like you would a burrito.
2. Make as many wraps as you like and then, working with one wrap at a time, flip it over so that the seam side is up and evenly place five sandwich picks into the wrap, then slice between each pick. and then push each pick a little bit further through, with each one as you go.
• Using a sharp, serrated knife really helps to slice through the wraps without squishing them too much.
• Unless you make your own hummus or roast your own peppers, all of this stuff is ready to go when you buy it and you can make these ahead of time and keep them wrapped in the fridge and then slice them into appetizers just before your party.